Below you will find administrative forms for the Tisch School of the Arts.  Please be sure to work with your academic advisor when filling out any of these forms.

Forms Regarding Majors/Minors

Forms Regarding Receiving Grades/Incompletes

Pass/Fail Grade Request

Students who are requesting to take a course pass/fail rather than for a letter grade may use the following form to do so: 

Spring 2023 Pass/Fail Request

The deadline for applying for pass/fail for the spring semester is May 2, 2023.

Please read the guidelines and requirements noted on the form carefully before submitting your request.

Drop/Add Form

This form is for drop/add transactions that cannot be processed via Albert for exceptional reasons.

Advanced Standing Requests

Advanced Standing Form

Please review the Advanced Standing Request information carefully before consulting with your academic advisor.  Once you have gone over the details of your request together, follow the instructions on the information page to complete the form.

Leave of Absence Forms

Leave of Absence Request Form

Use this form to request a temporary leave of absence from Tisch for personal, medical, or financial reasons.  You will also need to speak with your advisor about taking a leave and apply for the leave on Albert under the "Academics" tab.  If you are requesting a medical leave, you must speak with Marisa Mariano, Director of Student Affairs.  You can make an appointment with her by emailing

Return from Medical Leave of Absence

Six weeks before the registration period for your intended semester of return, you should complete and submit the Return from Medical Leave of Absence form.

* Students returning from medical leaves for psychological reasons must also contact Counseling & Wellness Services for an evaluation or assessment and submit a CWS Certificate of Readiness to Return.

* Students returning from a medical leave of absence for physical reasons must contact the Student Health Center and submit an SHC Certificate of Readiness to Return.

Off-Campus Registration Request Forms

Permission to Register Off-Campus Request

Use this form to request permission to register off-campus from NYU during the academic school year, summer, or J-term.  Be sure to speak with your academic advisor prior to submitting this request.  

Upcoming Deadlines:

April 21, 2023 for Summer Grad Exceptions ONLY
May 26, 2023 for Summer 2023


Academic Advising Forms

Advisement Questionnaire

survey temporarily unavailable

In order to help make the advisement session as productive as possible for both students and advisors, students should complete this brief survey questionnaire for  and bring it with them to their advisement session. 


Applying for Re-Admission to Tisch