Tuesdays 7:00 - 8:30 pm ET
Wednesdays 2:30 - 4:00 pm ET
(Fall & Spring Semester only)
NOTE: After May 11, Express Chats will go on hiatus for the summer. It will resume for the new academic year in early September.
Do you need an appointment to review a resume or ask a time-sensitive question regarding your career pursuits? Join TOCD for Express Chats during the fall and spring semesters! This is your opportunity to speak with a TOCD counselor to discuss anything and everything career.
Here’s how it works:
- Log in via the Express Chat Zoom links listed above (there are separate links for Tuesday and Wednesday). Note: Express Chats are only available for same-day service. Registrations made through the Zoom links outside of the Express Chats times will be ignored.
- Wait your turn in the waiting room. While you're waiting, please email any materials you'd like reviewed (e.g. resume) to email@example.com using the subject line: "Express Chats Materials", the date, and your name. (e.g. "Express Chats Materials - April 3, Hermione Granger") Files should be doc, docx, or pdf only. Please do not send materials more than an hour prior to the Express Chat you wish to attend. Please also be advised that feedback on materials is only given via Zoom - do not email your materials without also planning to log into the Zoom.
- Express Chats are first-come, first-served so wait times may vary depending on who else is in the queue. The average wait time is 5-15 minutes.
- When it's your turn, the counselor on duty will move you from the waiting room to the Zoom meeting.
- If there are people waiting, Express Chats are limited to 10 minutes but you can always get back into the queue if you have more questions.
The TOCD staff looks forward to working with you! For questions about Express Chats, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not available during our Express Chats times? You can still speak with a TOCD staff member through our regular career counseling services! For more info, click here.