Summer at Tisch is part of the Summer in NYC program at NYU. Tisch summer courses are open to NYU students, visiting students, and working professionals. There are undergraduate and graduate course options, as well as non-credit courses, certificates, and intensives. Summer 2023 courses include online, hybrid, and in-person options.
January 16, 2024 Summer 2024 Course Search Opens
February 1, 2024 Summer 2024 Visiting Student Application Available
February 12, 2024 Summer 2024 Course Registration Opens for NYU and Visiting Students
March 17, 2024 Summer 2024 International Student Application Deadline
May 5, 2024 Summer Session I Domestic Student Application Deadline
June 15, 2024 Summer Session II Domestic Student Application Deadline
Summer Session I
Monday, May 20 - Tuesday, July 2, 2024
Summer Session II
Wednesday, July 3 - Thursday, August 15, 2024
*Students who are United States citizens or permanent residents may submit their applications for summer sessions up until the first day of each session.
If you are an undergraduate or graduate NYU student interested in taking a summer course at Tisch, please register via Albert.
Visiting Students and Working Professionals
There are three different kinds of courses Tisch offers during our Summer Sessions:
- Non-credit (Course numbers beginning in NCRD-UT and SPEC-NT)
- Undergraduate Credit (Course numbers beginning in CINE-UT, DANC-UT, THEA-UT, DWPG-UT, GAMES-UT, ITPG-UT, IMNY-UT, FMTV-UT, GMTW-UT, PHTI-IT, REMU-UT, and OART-UT)
- Graduate Credit (Course numbers beginning in CINE-GT, DESG-GT, DWPG-GT, GAMES-GT, ITPG-GT, FMTV-GT, GMTW-GT, and PHTI-GT)
To register for Non-credit courses beginning in NCRD-UT or Undergraduate Credit courses, or if you are looking to take classes as part of a certificate, you must complete the Summer Visiting Student application. Please note this application must be completed to take Non-Credit NCRD-UT or Undergraduate courses, even if you are currently a graduate student or working professional.
Please visit the Tisch Professional/Online course page for instructions on registering for all other courses that begin with SPEC-NT.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Please note, the deadline for applying as an international student is March 18. For more information, view the Visiting Student Application Dates and Deadlines.
Registering for Tisch Professional/Online Courses (SPEC-NT) Summer Courses:
Please review the Tisch Professional/Online Course Registration Process.
STEPS FOR VISITING STUDENTS AND WORKING PROFESSIONALS APPLYING TO TISCH NON-CREDIT (NCRD-UT) AND UNDERGRADUATE CREDIT SUMMER COURSES
- Visit the NYU Summer website to confirm your eligibility requirements.
- Create an account and register with NYU’s Online Admissions Application System.
- Complete the online visiting student application form.
- Submit the online application, including the $25 application fee.
- Send an official copy of your transcript from the most recent college, university, or institution attended.
To expedite processing time, attach an unofficial transcript to the Academic History page of the application. Official transcripts may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
New York University
Office of University Programs
383 Lafayette Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10003
Steps for Visiting Students Applying to Tisch Summer Graduate Courses:
If you hold an undergraduate degree from another college or university and you would like to take graduate Tisch summer courses for graduate credit, you must complete the Visiting Graduate Student application through our online application portal by starting a new application and selecting the "Visiting Graduate Student" from the drop-down menu.
If the courses you wish to take do not include "GT" in the course name, this is not the correct application for you. Please refer to the top of this page.
Please note, the deadline for applying as an international student is March 17, 2024. For more information, view the Visiting Student Application Dates and Deadlines.
- Complete the online visiting graduate student application form.
- Send an official copy of your UNDERGRADUATE transcript from the most recent college, university, or institution attended. The transcript must indicate proof of graduation.
To expedite processing time, attach an unofficial transcript to your online application. Your home school must mail an official transcript to: Office of Special Programs, New York University Tisch School of the Arts, 721 Broadway Room 1248, New York, NY 10003.
If you drop a course or withdraw from the university completely, your tuition and registration fee charges are subject to the university Refund Schedule policy. For more information on the refund policy, click here.
For more information about applying to summer courses, deadlines, fees, and eligibility, visit NYU Summer.