Summer 2020 courses will be offered for remote instruction.
Summer at Tisch is part of the Summer in NYC program at NYU. Tisch summer courses are open to NYU students, visiting students, and working professionals. There are undergraduate and graduate course options, as well as non-credit courses, certificates, and intensives.
January 10, 2020 Summer 2020 Course Search Opens
February 1, 2020 Summer 2020 Visiting Student Application Available
February 10, 2020 Summer 2020 Registration Begins for NYU and Visiting Students*
March 15, 2020 Application deadline for International Students
Summer Session I
Tuesday, May 26 - Sunday, July 5, 2020
Summer Session II
Monday, July 6 - Sunday, August 16, 2020
*Students who are United States citizens or permanent residents may submit their applications for summer sessions up until the first day of each session.
If you are an undergraduate or graduate NYU student interested in taking a summer course at Tisch, please register via Albert.
Visiting Students and Working Professionals
There are three different kinds of courses Tisch offers during our Summer Sessions:
1. Non-credit (Course numbers beginning in NCRD-UT)
2. Undergraduate Credit (Course numbers beginning in CINE-UT, DANC-UT, THEA-UT, DWPG-UT, GAMES-UT, ITPG-UT, FMTV-UT, GMTW-UT, PHTI-IT, REMU-UT, and OART-UT)
3. Graduate Credit (Course numbers beginning in CINE-GT, DESG-GT, DWPG-GT, GAMES-GT, ITPG-GT, FMTV-GT, GMTW-GT, and PHTI-GT)
If the courses you would like to take fall into the first or second category (Non-credit or Undergraduate Credit), or if you are looking to take classes as part of a certificate, you must complete the Summer Visiting Student application. Please note: this application must be completed to take non-credit or undergraduate courses, even if you are currently a graduate student or working professional.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Please note, the deadline for applying as an international student is March 15. For more information, view the Visiting Student Application Dates and Deadlines.
Steps for Visiting Students and Working Professionals Applying to Tisch Non-Credit and Undergraduate Credit Summer Courses:
- Visit the NYU Summer website to confirm your eligibility requirements.
- Create an account and register with NYU’s Online Admissions Application System.
- Complete the online visiting student application form.
- Submit the online application, including the $25 application fee.
- Send an official copy of your transcript from the most recent college, university, or institution attended.
To expedite processing time, attach an unofficial transcript to the Academic History page of the application. Official transcripts may be e-mailed to email@example.com, or mailed to:
New York University
Office of University Programs
383 Lafayette Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10003
Steps for Visiting Students Applying to Tisch Summer Graduate Courses:
The summer 2020 visiting graduate application is closed.
If you hold an undergraduate degree from another college or university and you would like to take graduate Tisch summer courses for graduate credit, you must complete the Visiting Graduate Student application through our online application portal by starting a new application and selecting the "Visiting Graduate Student" from the drop-down menu.
If the courses you wish to take do not include "GT" in the course name, this is not the correct application for you. Please refer to the top of this page.
Please note, the deadline for applying as an international student is March 15. For more information, view the Visiting Student Application Dates and Deadlines.
- Complete the online visiting graduate student application form.
- Send an official copy of your UNDERGRADUATE transcript from the most recent college, university, or institution attended. The transcript must indicate proof of graduation.
To expedite processing time, attach an unofficial transcript to your online application. Your home school must mail an official transcript to: Office of Special Programs, New York University Tisch School of the Arts, 721 Broadway Room 1248, New York, NY 10003.
If you drop a course or withdraw from the university completely, your tuition and registration fee charges are subject to the university Refund Schedule policy. For more information on the refund policy, click here.
For more information about applying to summer courses, deadlines, fees, and eligibility, visit NYU Summer.