Intensive screenwriting exercises will introduce students to the basic principles of writing for film and television. Students will develop story ideas and characters, and learn film language and script structure. There will be film story analysis sessions with screenings of important work. The workshop sessions with the instructor and students provide an opportunity for you to present your work, which opens dialogue for critiques and rewrites. The workshop culminates with submitted scenes, a short screenplay, and a synopsis of a feature film and television series. This is an asynchronous course with weekly assignments and video meetings.
- The spring and fall workshop is a 10-week course with daily deliverables.
- The summer workshop is a four-week course with daily deliverables.
- Students must use a desktop or laptop computer with a webcam, microphone, and audio capability.
- This online course works best with a fast, reliable internet connection, and requires Chrome web browser.
- Students should be prepared to dedicate 6-10 hours per week for this course.
The spring 2022 application is closed.
Spring Program Dates: Monday, February 7 - Friday, April 22, 2022
Summer Application Deadline: May 25, 2022
Summer Program Dates: Monday, July 11 - Friday, August 5, 2022