Please read the following admissions information before starting your online application. You can find important dates on the Tisch Special Programs Admissions Calendar.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Step 1 - Requirements and Eligibility
- Step 2 - Online Application
- Step 3 - Verification
- Step 4 - Notification
- Step 5 - Payment
STEP 1: REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
- You must be a current high school freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior to apply.
- You must have a 3.0 minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 unweighted scale and be in good academic standing. SAT and ACT testing grades are NOT reviewed.
Your admissions decision is based on a faculty review of your entire application, including your personal statement, creative résumé, and transcripts.
All communications regarding your application, including your admissions decision, will be communicated to you via the email address that you designate as your primary email address on the application. Please check this email account regularly, as you will be receiving communications that are often time-sensitive and require a response.
STEP 2: ONLINE APPLICATION
You must submit the following items:
- Online application form (remember to use your name exactly as it appears on your birth certificate/passport in your application and supporting documents)
- Personal statement
- Creative résumé
- English language proficiency test results (non-native English-speaking applicants)
- Official high school transcripts issued directly from the school
Homeschooled Candidates: Please review the policy for documentation in the Transcripts section below
- $75 non-refundable application fee*
*Need-based application fee waivers are available. Applicants can request a fee waiver by sending an email with an explanation of financial hardship to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 3: VERIFICATION
Email is our primary method of communication; therefore, please make sure to allow emails from email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to be viewed.
You will receive two verification emails after submitting your application.
- "Application Received" - Within 24 hours of submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email verifying that it was successfully received. However, this does not mean your application is complete.
- "Application Complete" - After receipt of your "Application Received" email, please allow 3-5 business days for your application to be assessed for completeness. Our office will send an email verifying that your application is either complete or missing materials. Any part of your submitted application that is missing/incomplete must be completed and received by the application deadline.
- "Supplemental NYU Tisch Profile Form [MANDATORY]" - Within 24 hours of receiving notification that your application is complete, you will receive the Supplemental Profile Form. This email will contain a link to an NYU Supplemental Form and instructions on completing the form. You must complete in 24 hours to be considered for the program.
- Only once your application and NYU Supplemental Form is verified as complete will you be evaluated by our faculty for admission and receive final status notification.
If you have not received the "Application Complete" email, please contact our office promptly to inquire about your missing materials.
STEP 4: NOTIFICATION
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis and registration is first come, first served.
- If enrollment for a course reaches capacity, additional registrants will be added to the waitlist. Waitlisted candidates will be notified if additional space in the class becomes available.
- Students will receive an email titled, "An Important Update from NYU is Ready to View", detailing how to access their admissions decision.
- Students who confirm their participation in the program will be registered for the class and will be emailed information on how to pay their bill by the payment deadline.
- Payment must be made in full by the payment deadline.
STEP 5: PAYMENT
If accepted, you will be required to confirm your participation and pay in full via NYU eSuite, NYU's eCheck system. International students must confirm your participation by paying via Flywire, NYU's wire transfer system. Instructions for third-party payments are available on the NYU Bursar's website.
NYU does not accept credit card payments.
Tisch Special Programs reserves the right to rescind admission to any student whose full payment is not received in our office by the deadline.
The Refund Schedule is for students who are dropping online classes, including High School online courses, please see the Tisch Special Programs Cancellation Policy for more information.