Please read the following admissions information before starting your online application. You can find important dates on the Tisch Special Programs Admissions Calendar.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Step 1 - Requirements and Eligibility
- Step 2 - Online Application
- Step 3 - Verification
- Step 4 - Notification
- Step 5 - Payment
STEP 1: REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
- You must be a current high school freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior to apply.
- You must have a 3.0 minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 unweighted scale and be in good academic standing. SAT and ACT testing grades are NOT reviewed.
Your admissions decision is based on a faculty review of your entire application, including your personal statement, creative résumé, and transcripts.
All communications regarding your application, including your admissions decision, will be communicated to you via the email address that you designate as your primary email address on the application. Please check this email account regularly, as you will be receiving communications that are often time-sensitive and require a response.
STEP 2: ONLINE APPLICATION
You must submit the following items:
- Online application form (remember to use your name exactly as it appears on your birth certificate/passport in your application and supporting documents)
- Personal statement
- Creative résumé
- English language proficiency test results (non-native English-speaking applicants)
- Unofficial high school transcripts (please upload to your application)
- Homeschooled Candidates: Please review the policy for documentation in the Transcripts section below
- Please begin the first portion of your application prior to sending your transcript
- $75 non-refundable application fee*
*Need-based application fee waivers are available. Applicants can request a fee waiver by sending an email with an explanation of financial hardship to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 3: VERIFICATION
- Email is our primary method of communication; therefore, please make sure to allow emails from email@example.com to be viewed.
- Upon submitting your application, please check the application portal to make sure your application is complete. If a portion of your application is missing or incomplete, you will receive an email notifying you to submit those items.
- "Application Received" - You will receive a confirmation email verifying that it was successfully received. However, you must fill out the NYU Tisch Supplemental Profile Form to complete your application. Upon submission of your application, you will receive a link to the Supplemental Profile Form. You must complete this in 24 hours to be considered for the program.
- Only once your application and NYU Supplemental Form are verified as complete will you be evaluated by our faculty for admission and receive final status notification.
STEP 4: NOTIFICATION
- Applications are processed differently term by term, please refer to the Admissions Calendar for more detailed information.
- If enrollment for a course reaches capacity, additional registrants will be added to the waitlist. Waitlisted candidates will be notified if additional space in the class becomes available.
- Students will receive an email titled, "An Important Update from NYU is Ready to View", detailing how to access their admissions decision.
- Students who confirm their participation in the program will be registered for the class and will be emailed information on how to pay their bill by the payment deadline.
- Payment must be made in full by the payment deadline.
STEP 5: PAYMENT
If accepted, you will be required to confirm your participation and pay in full via NYU eSuite, NYU's eCheck system. International students must confirm your participation by paying via Flywire, NYU's wire transfer system. Instructions for third-party payments are available on the NYU Bursar's website.
For international students paying via Flywire, please send a copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
NYU does not accept credit card payments.
Tisch Special Programs reserves the right to rescind admission to any student whose full payment is not received in our office by the deadline.
The Refund Schedule is for students who are dropping online classes, including High School online courses. Please see the Tisch Special Programs Cancellation Policy for more information.