Digital auditions are accepted for:
1)International applicants who are unable to attend an audition. International students must also include a brief verbal presentation for their background in English on the digital link.
2) MFA applicants who are on tour professionally.
If you are unable to audition in person, you’re welcome to submit a link to your digital file. After you submit the NYU Online Application, please email email@example.com to confirm that you intend to audition digitally and understand the submission guidelines and materials explained below:
1) Please be sure to clearly identify yourself so that the Admissions Committee can easily follow you on the link. Your digital link should include the following components, in this order:
An abbreviated ballet barre, adagio, and contemporary technique movement traveling across the floor (approximately 20 minutes total), and a brief solo (2-3 minutes) in the dance form of your preference.
2) Include a brief verbal presentation describing your dance background and interest in Tisch Dance.
3) 8”x10” full-body photo and dance résumé.
4) Completed, double-sided Audition Information Form (email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy). Please complete this form up to the For Department Use section on the second side.
5) Do not send DVD Audition materials to the Office of Admissions. All materials should be mailed to the Tisch Dance Department at:
Attn: Audition Application
TSOA/ Department of Dance
New York University
111 Second Avenue, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10003
The deadline to complete the NYU Online Application is January 1, 2017:
All DVD Audition materials must be received at the Tisch Dance Department by February 1, 2017. You can send the via email.