Communications & Information Technology (CIT) office offers a variety of school-wide technology-rich resources and tools in addition to what is provided at the NYU IT and local department level in order to facilitate the research and administrative needs of the faculty and staff at the Tisch School of the Arts.
Web & Communication
Tisch uses Sedna Presenter as digital signage software suite for our on-campus displayers. It offers a maximum of flexibility, reliability and extraordinary performance. Sedna presenter helps you:
- Manage and create stunning digital signange content
- Publish and play signage projects
- Distribute and deliver your brand messages
- Focus on ideas, marketing, sales, production and content creation
- Manage, schedule and deliver effortlessly with Sedna Presenter
Email Direct is a bulk email service through which pre-authorized NYU faculty, staff, and administrators can request to send an email message to a well-defined segment or segments of the University community or to the entire University community. When properly used, mass email is a powerful tool for conducting business swiftly, without generating large amounts of paper.
We have been using customer relationship management (CRM) tools that engage prospective students, alumni, and influencers to increase enrollment and reach academic and administrative goals.
NYU Google Apps are a suite of online communication and collaboration tools to facilitate teaching, learning, research, and administration. NYU provides support for the seven Core Apps (NYU Email, Google Calendar, Google Drive, NYU Groups, and Google Hangouts). In addition, the NYU community has access to a large number of other Google Commercial Apps, for which limited NYU support is available. For these, community members are urged to use the extensive online documentation and training videos available from Google.
NYU Box is a cloud-based service for file storage/sharing and document collaboration. It can be used by individuals and departments. Restricted or potentially sensitive data can be stored here. With NYU Box, you can:
- Access your account anywhere, anytime, and from any device with an Internet connection.
- Share documents and/or folders with anyone inside or outside of NYU.
- Collaborate with others by adding comments, assigning tasks and creating documents together.
Some top features of NYU Box include:
- NYU-approved storage of high risk data
- Unlimited storage; up to 10GB in size per file
- Access your account with your NetID and password
- Share files with or without password protection
- Search the full text of files and folders
- Access download statistics and tracking information
- Keep track of up to 100 file versions
- Lock files to guarantee single user editing
- Create or edit MS Office files within Box using Box Edit
- Assign tasks and due dates to files
- Access and upload files from mobile devices
NYU Zoom is a cloud-based service for online teaching, training, remote support, audio calls and meetings.
It is a cloud-based, full featured web, video, and audio conferencing service which allows online meetings and webinars. This offering can be used instead of hardware focused videoconferencing services such as Polycom and Cisco with comparable results. The service allows participants to engage in synchronous online meetings from a conference room solution, a mobile device, personal computer, or phone. Participating via a smart phone or computer will allow the users to share both live video and share content from the device.
NYU IT provides Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) for PC and Mac to all NYU employees. Tisch students are also able to use Adobe CC on your personal computers following the instructions here.
It includes the following 19 components.
- Acrobat Pro DC
- After Effects (Ae)
- Animate (An)
- Audition (Au)
- Bridge (Br)
- Character Animator (Ch)
- Dimension (Dn)
- Dreamweaver (Dw)
- Illustrator (Ai)
- InCopy (Ic)
- InDesign (Id)
- Lightroom (Lr)
- Lightroom Classic (Lr)
- Media Encoder (Menc)
- Photoshop (Ph)
- Prelude (Pl)
- Premiere Pro (Pr)
- Premiere Rush (Ru)
- XD (Xd)
Please review our instructional guide to use Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe applications.
CIT provides Microsoft Office 2016 to all Tisch employees for office computers. Tisch employees and students also have access to office 365 on your home comptuers and mobile devices. The Microsoft Office 2016/365 includes the following components.
Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) helps defend your computer and the NYU-NET network against viruses, trojan horses and other malicious software.
- Distribution - You can download Symantec software from NYUHome after you log in with your NYU NetID and password.
- Available Platforms - Windows, Mac
- Documentation and Training - Documentation is provided by the vendor
CIT advises SEP be installed on all of Tisch computers.
VPN (Virtual Private Network) is software that provides password-protected access to NYU's network (NYU-NET) and Internet services when you are connecting from off-campus. It is as secure as when you are connected directly to NYU-NET on campus. VPN is required to access some secure NYU services when using a computer outside NYU-NET.
- Distribution - Only current, full-time staff, faculty, and degree students are able to use the VPN service. An active NYU NetID and password are required to both download and use VPN software. Non-degree students and alumni will not be able to authenticate using VPN.
- For installation and configuration instructions for your device or operating system, see the ServiceLink knowledge base.
Tisch uses an open source software, Snipe IT, as our Asset Management System to easily see which assets are assigned, to whom, and their physical location. Check them back into inventory with one click, or click through to see the asset's complete history. Seeing what assets are currently deployed, pending (brand new awaiting software installs, out for repair), ready to deploy, or archived (lost/stolen, or broken) is quick and easy.