1. Minimum of a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, prior to his/her arrival.
2. Demonstrate appropriate English language proficiency.
3. Show proof of financial support (either NYU funds or outside/personal funding) for all expenses. Scholars must demonstrate a minimum of $2,000 per month, including additional financial support for any accompanying family members ($650 per month for spouses and $350 per month for children).
4. Maintain health insurance which meets the minimum federal requirements during the entire time of stay.
5. Not be appointed to a tenure or tenure-track position.