The following rules apply:
- Students must satisfy the certificate program requirements listed for the certificate.
- All courses to be applied to a given certificate must be completed, with weight grades (A, B, or C). Students must earn a C or better G.P.A. to earn the certificate.
- Certificate must be completed within a period of one or two successive summers. To request an extension or substitution, please contact email@example.com. Certificate course substitutions must be applied for and approval must be attained prior to registering for the course.
- Regular class attendance is required in order for a course to be used toward a certificate program.
- Credit courses cannot be used towards the certificate.
- Non-credit courses cannot be applied to a degree program.
- Once a course is applied to a certificate, it cannot be used to complete any other certificate. Non-credit certificates are granted based on content and a total number of in-class contact hours.
To Apply for your Certificate:
After you have completed all certificate courses/requirements, submit a cover letter requesting the specific certificate along with a copy of your transcript to:
Tisch Special Programs, New York University
721 Broadway, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10003
Alternatively, you may email the cover letter along with your transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions on how to request your transcript are availalble on the NYU Registrar's website.