Please read the following admissions information before starting your online application. You can find important dates on the Tisch Special Programs Admissions Calendar.
How do I apply?
- Step 1 - Requirements and Eligibility
- Step 2 - Online Application
- Step 3 - Verification
- Step 4 - Notification
- Step 5 - Confirmation
STEP 1: REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
- You must have completed freshman year of study (two full semesters) and be 18 years or older prior to the beginning of the term abroad.
- If you are a visiting student, you must currently be registered full-time in an undergraduate degree program at an accredited college or university.
- You must have a 3.0 minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale.
- Incomplete (I) grades on your transcript must be resolved before an admissions decision can be made.
- You must not be on academic or disciplinary probation, nor currently on medical leave of absence.
- You must have a valid passport.
- If accepted, you must live in NYU-assigned housing.
- You must meet the prerequisite coursework (if applicable).
STEP 2: ONLINE APPLICATION
You must submit the following items:
- Online application form (remember to use your name exactly as it appears on your birth certificate/passport in your application and supporting documents)
- Personal statement
- Creative résumé
- English language proficiency test results (non-native English-speaking applicants)
- Official university transcript(s)
- Additional documents - program specific
STEP 3: VERIFICATION
Email is our primary method of communication; therefore, please make sure to allow emails from email@example.com to be viewed.
Enrollment in Tisch Study Abroad is limited and competitive. You will be first considered for your first choice program; if space is available after first choice applicants have been accepted, you will be considered for your second or third choice.
Acceptance is based on:
- Your academic record
- Satisfaction of the prerequisites, including a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA requirement
- Personal statement
- Interview (if applicable)
- Audition (if applicable)
- Readiness for living and studying abroad
- How well your interests match the training we offer
STEP 4: NOTIFICATION
Final status notifications will be sent on the dates listed in the Tisch Special Programs Admissions Calendar.
Notifications are communicated only by email, and only to the primary email address given in the application.
STEP 5: CONFIRMATION
If accepted, you will be required to confirm your participation via the confirmation form.
- Confirmation forms must be received by the confirmation deadline found in your acceptance email.
- Non-NYU students: A non-refundable and non-transferable $1,500 deposit is required with confirmation.
It is important that you review and understand the Tisch Special Programs Cancellation Policy prior to submitting your confirmation form. Details can be found on the Tisch Special Programs Cancellation Policy page.
If you are having difficulty with the online application, please contact us at (212) 998-1512.