Get revved up for college.
Please read the following admissions information before starting your online application. You can find important dates on the Tisch Special Programs Admissions Calendar.
How do I apply?
- Step 1 - Requirements and Eligibility
- Step 2 - Online Application
- Step 3 - Verification
- Step 4 - Notification
- Step 5 - Confirmation
STEP 1: REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
- You must be a current high school junior or sophomore (rising senior or junior) to apply. Preference is given to current high school juniors. Freshmen and seniors are not eligible.
- You must have a 3.0 minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 unweighted scale and be in good academic standing. SAT and ACT testing grades are NOT reviewed.
- If accepted, you must live in NYU assigned housing. You will not be permitted to commute / live with family or friends on or off-campus during the program
- You may apply to only ONE program.
Tisch is a collaborative and rigorous program so your presence is keenly felt. The program is competitive; we receive over 800 applications. You should arrive ready to absorb, challenge, and internalize what is being offered. Your prior accomplishments are not as important as being open to the ideas and training that will be presented.
Your admissions decision is based on a faculty review of your entire application, including your personal statement, one letter of recommendation, résumé, and transcripts.
All communications regarding your application, including your admissions decision, will be communicated to you via the email address that you designate as your primary email address on the application. Please check this email account regularly, as you will be receiving communications that are often time-sensitive and require a response.
STEP 2: ONLINE APPLICATION
You must submit the following items:
- Online application form (remember to use your name exactly as it appears on your birth certificate/passport in your application and supporting documents)
- Personal statement
- Creative résumé
- Passport (non-U.S. citizens only and required dependent on program acceptance)
- U.S student visas are required for all non-U.S. citizens and/or residents.
- English language proficiency test results (non-native English-speaking applicants)
- Two recommendation letters
- Unofficial high school transcripts (please upload to your application)
- Homeschooled Candidates: Please review the policy for documentation in the Transcripts section below
- Please begin the first portion of your application prior to sending your transcript
- $75 non-refundable application fee*
*Need-based application fee waivers are available. Applicants can request a fee waiver by sending an email with an explanation of financial hardship to email@example.com.
STEP 5: CONFIRMATION
If accepted, you will be required to confirm your participation. To confirm your participation, the following must be completed by the confirmation deadline found on the Tisch Special Programs Admissions Calendar:
Confirm your spot.
Pay the non-refundable and non-transferable $1,500(USD) deposit by eCheck, wire transfer, credit card, or personal check.
Please note that New York University does not accept personal checks from non-US banks and credit cards for final tuition payment.
Please submit your confirmation deposit as soon as possible, as it can take 3-5 business days for your payment to clear. Deposits must be received by the Confirmation Deadline. Tisch Special Programs reserves the right to rescind admission to any student whose deposit is not received in our office by the deadline.
It is important that you review and understand the Tisch Special Programs Cancellation Policy prior to submitting your confirmation.
If you are having difficulty with the online application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 998-1512.