Get revved up for college.
Please read the following admissions information before starting your online application. You may be contacted for an audition or additional application materials. You can find important dates on the Tisch Special Programs Admissions Calendar.
How do I apply?
- Step 1 - Requirements and Eligibility
- Step 2 - Online Application
- Step 3 - Verification
- Step 4 - Notification
- Step 5 - Confirmation
STEP 1: REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
- To be eligible for this program, you must be a current freshman, sophomore, or junior in high school.
- There is no GPA minimum requirement for this program. SAT and ACT testing grades are NOT reviewed.
- This program requires a 14-week commitment on Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET from February 5 - May 14, 2022. You must agree to be available on those dates and times for the entire duration of the program. There are no exceptions.
This is a collaborative, rigorous, and competitive program so your presence is keenly felt. You should arrive ready to absorb, challenge, and internalize what is being offered. Your prior accomplishments are not as important as being open to the ideas and training that will be presented.
Your admissions decision is based on a faculty review of your entire application, including your personal statement, letter of recommendation, résumé, and transcripts. Those that are selected will be brought in for an interview.
All communications regarding your application, including your admissions decision, will be communicated to you via the email address that you designate as your primary email address on the application. Please check this email account regularly, as you will be receiving communications that are often time-sensitive and require a response.
STEP 2: ONLINE APPLICATION
You must submit the following items:
- Online application form (remember to use your name exactly as it appears on your birth certificate/passport in your application and supporting documents)
- Personal statement
- Creative résumé
- English language proficiency test results (non-native English-speaking applicants)
- Optional recommendation letter
- Unofficial high school transcripts (please upload to your application)
Homeschooled Candidates: Please review the policy for documentation in the Transcripts section below
STEP 4: NOTIFICATION
- Final status notifications will be available on the dates listed in the Tisch Special Programs Admissions Calendar.
- Early final status notification is not available.
- You will receive an email with more information on how to log in and access your admissions decision through NYU Home.
- If you are not accepted into your first choice program, and have indicated a second choice program, your application will be sent to the relevant department for review. You will receive additional admissions notifications for your second choice program.
STEP 5: CONFIRMATION
If accepted, you will be required to confirm your participation using the online confirmation form. Please confirm your spot by the confirmation deadline found in your acceptance email.
- When decisions are released, you will be notified via email. In this email, you will be directed to log into your applicant portal with your NYU credentials. You should have received your credentials in an earlier email with the subject line “Your NYU ID Numbers and Status Page.”
- If you have multiple applications, please be sure you are looking at the correct application. There will be a dropdown menu in the upper right corner that you can use to switch between applications.
- Once you have confirmed you are looking at the correct application, click on the appropriate link to view your application decision.
- You will be brought to a page where you can view your decision letter. If needed, you can click the “Download PDF” link in the upper right hand corner to download a copy of your decision letter.
- If you have been admitted or waitlisted, click “Return to Applicant Status” at the bottom of the page to return to the main page of your applicant portal.
- At the bottom of your applicant portal, you should now see a section for “Forms.” Click on the link for “Admission Decision Reply Form” and complete the form to accept or decline your spot.
- If you have been admitted and have chosen to accept your spot, an admission verification letter will be added to the “Status Update” section of your applicant portal. You can use this letter as proof of your admission to the program, if needed for any reason.
If you are having difficulty with the online application, please contact us at (212) 998-1512.