Get revved up for college.
The Spring Future Artists 2019 application is now live!
Please read the following admissions information before starting your online application. You can find important dates on the Tisch Special Programs Admissions Calendar.
How do I apply?
- Step 1 - Requirements and Eligibility
- Step 2 - Online Application
- Step 3 - Verification
- Step 4 - Notification
- Step 5 - Confirmation
STEP 1: REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
- You must be a current freshman, sophomore, or junior high school student living in the New York metropolitan area. Students must be able to commute to NYU each weekend to attend the sessions. Housing is not available for this program. There are no exceptions.
- There is no GPA minimum requirement for this program. SAT and ACT testing grades are NOT reviewed.
This is a collaborative, rigorous, and competitive program so your presence is keenly felt. You should arrive ready to absorb, challenge, and internalize what is being offered. Your prior accomplishments are not as important as being open to the ideas and training that will be presented.
Your admissions decision is based on a faculty review of your entire application, including your personal statement, letter of recommendation, résumé, and transcripts. Those that are selected will be brought in for an in-person interview.
All communications regarding your application, including your admissions decision, will be communicated to you via the email address that you designate as your primary email address on the application. Please check this email account regularly, as you will be receiving communications that are often time-sensitive and require a response.
STEP 2: ONLINE APPLICATION
You must submit the following items:
- Online application form (remember to use your name exactly as it appears on your birth certificate/passport in your application and supporting documents)
- Personal statement
- Creative résumé
- One recommendation letter
- Official high school transcript issued directly from the school
Homeschooled Candidates: Please review the policy for documentation in the Transcripts section below.
STEP 3: VERIFICATION
Email is our primary method of communication; therefore, please make sure to allow emails from firstname.lastname@example.org to be viewed.
You will receive two verification emails after submitting your application.
"Application Received" - Within 24 hours of submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email verifying that it was successfully received. However, this does not mean your application is complete.
- "Application Complete" - After receipt of your "Application Received" email, please allow 3-5 business days for your application to be assessed for completeness. Our office will send an email verifying that your application is either complete or missing materials. Any part of your submitted application that is missing/incomplete, must be completed and/or received by the application deadline.
Only once your application is complete will you be evaluated by our faculty for admission and receive final status notification.
STEP 4: NOTIFICATION
- Final status notifications will be sent on the dates listed in the Tisch Special Programs Admissions Calendar.
- Early final status notification is not available.
- Notifications are communicated only by email, and only to the primary email address given in the application.
- If you are not accepted into your first choice program, and have indicated a second or third choice program, your application will be sent to the relevant department(s) for review. You will receive additional admissions notifications for your second/third choice programs.
STEP 5: CONFIRMATION
If accepted, you will be required to confirm your participation using the online confirmation form. Please confirm your spot by the confirmation deadline found in your acceptance email.
If you are having difficulty with the online application, please contact us at (212) 998-1512.