Request for Proposals
C³ Fund: Convene · Collaborate · Contribute
Applications now closed.
WHAT: Faculty-led, research activities HERE AT TISCH!
WHEN: November 12, 2019 – August 10, 2020
WHO IS ELIGIBLE: All full-time Tisch faculty
DEADLINE: October 14, 2019 at 11:59pm
Tisch Initiative for Creative Research (TCR) will award $10,000 in competitive funding for faculty-led research activities taking place (November 12, 2019 – August 10, 2020). Eligible projects include roundtables, interviews, symposia, workshops, conferences, and other activities which ADVANCE YOUR RESEARCH INTEREST.
This funding is distinctive from the biannual Dean’s Grants in three important ways:
Funded activities must take place here at Tisch (or nearby in NYC). Dean's Grants support your work outside the institution; C³ Fund supports you bringing that work back to Tisch.
Engagement with at least one department/program at Tisch or NYU is required. (Examples include collaborating with faculty and/or students; securing financial support or in-kind support such as donation of supplies, space, labor, etc.; presenting findings after the event, etc.) The collaborating department or program need not be your “home” department.
Some aspect of your projet (findings or outcomes, documentation or participation in the activity) must be accessible by the Tisch community.
- Organizing funded activities will primarily be the responsibility of the applicant. TCR staff will provide administrative support for payment processing and arranging participant travel as necessary.
- Funds will be accessed on a reimbursement basis. Eligible expenditures include: travel, space rental, supplies and equipment, fees, tickets and hospitality, as well as other expenses not listed here.
- At this time, we cannot support the purchase of computers, monitors, cameras, and other video or audio equipment.
Successful applications will clearly articulate:
- Research interest and questions driving the proposed activity
- Key information about the proposed project including description, dates, times, location, confirmed participants, etc.
- Demonstration of your capacity to successfully produce the project as designed
- Plans for project documentation and dissemination of findings
- Project budget using TCR's Budget Template
- To apply, please complete THIS FORM.
- Applications are due Monday, October 14 (11:59pm)
Applications will be reviewed by previous faculty grantees and members of the Faculty Research Working Group. Upon completion of their project, successful applicants will be asked to report on their work and participate in an informal assessment of their experience. They may also be asked to serve as future panelists or roundtable participants in conversations (hosted by TCR) about faculty research.
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "C³ Fund 2020" in the Subject Line.