Virtual Playtest Thursday
The NYU Game Center's signature event, Playtest Thursday, returns this Fall at twitch.tv/nyugamecenter! Each Thursday, host George Machado will be joined by NYU Game Center faculty, students, alumni, and local developers from NYC to test and give feedback to your work-in-progress games. Watch live gameplay and offer your own feedback in the chat. Hang for 10 minutes or the full 90! Anyone can submit a game to test, and you can follow the instructions below to submit your game.
George Machado is a Game Center student, twitch streamer, and general man about town. You can catch his chaotic good twitch stream on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7-9pm https://www.twitch.tv/georgelmachado, where he plays mostly weird art games and yells about being from New York, abolishing the police and prisons, and the necessity to dismantle capitalism.
To submit a game for playtesting on the stream:
- Fill out this Google Form!
- Submit your game to this google form by Tuesday of the week you'd like it to be tested.
- If the game is digital, it must be 64 bit Windows compatible or an HTML5 game hosted on itch or elsewhere.
- If the game is analog, you must send detailed instructions in the form a google doc the week before your scheduled slot and must be willing to be on stream.
- There are 5 slots on the stream and each game will get 10 minutes of play time.
- Anyone is welcome to submit a game! You do not need to be an NYU Game Center student or alumni.