Student Animation League
The Student Animation League (SAL) is a student organization which coordinates events for students studying in the Animation Area. These include guest lectures, screenings, drawing exercises, and more. We also forward opportunities to our subscriber list, aiding students in finding collaboration for their films.
SAL also organizes, with great support from the staff and faculty of the Animation Area, the annual Spring Animation Showcase, which displays a variety of student work, including a collection of animated films from that year's Intro, Intermediate, Experimental, and Advanced Animation production classes.
You can follow the Student Animation League on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/nyusal.
The Animation Showcase, held each Spring, displays a variety of student work from the Animation Area. The event is organized every year by SAL with support from the Animation Area faculty and staff.
Submit to our showcase
We will be accepting student submissions for both the screening and the gallery portions of the showcase, so if you have animation and artwork, please submit. We'd absolutely love to put your work on display for friends, family, and industry professionals to enjoy.
The categories you can submit to are organized by class/subject. For example, you can submit anything you have created from the following classes:
- Production courses - Intro, Intermediate, and Advanced Animated films
- 3D Animation/Special Topics
- Action Analysis I & II exercises
- Demo Reels/Portfolios
- Digital Animation Techniques
- Drawing & Design
- Digital Art
- Experimental Animation
- Intro to Animation exercises
- Physical Artwork such as Stop Motion Puppets and Life Drawing
- Stop Motion
- Titling & Special FX
- VFX & Compositing
How do I submit?
Physical submission forms with directions on them are available on the SAL bulletin board across from room 854. The submission form was also emailed to those subscribed to our email list. If you are not subscribed (please refer to the About section to see how), please send us an email at email@example.com requesting these instructions, and we will forward them to you.
Volunteer and help at our showcase
We need your help to make the showcase a blast! Just a few examples on roles you can volunteer to fulfill:
- Setting up computer displays/decorations on the day of the showcase
- Setting up artwork
- Setting out the catered food and preparing it in time for serving
- Printing and preparing programs
- Serving as an usher to guide guests to screening rooms and watch over the gallery/refreshment area during screenings
- Serving as an appointed photographer to capture moments