Two contrasting monologues — both contemporary — presented in English
- We define “contemporary” as anything written from around 1900 to now.
- Each monologue must be under 90 seconds in length.
- All monologues must be from published plays (no musicals; no film/TV scripts; no original material).
- Please choose material that is within your age range (roles you would be cast in now).
- The gender of the character need not be a determining factor when choosing a monologue.
- Props and costumes are not permitted.
- We want to hear your natural voice. Please do not add an accent to your monologues.
In our musical theatre program, we are training actors who sing and dance. The acting evaluation portion of your musical theatre artistic review lets us see your potential as an actor. Therefore, we encourage you to explore the great depth and breadth of material in the field of theater to find engaging and challenging material.
Please know that you may be asked to perform one or two monologues during your artistic review.
You will have an opportunity to converse with your evaluator immediately after presenting your monologues. This is a chance for us to get to know you a little bit. We've watched your work as an artist and now we want to learn about you as a person.