Please check back soon for the 2022 RFP.
Request for Proposals
Graduate Research Fund 2020-2021
WHAT: Support for graduate student research activity
WHEN: March 22, 2021 - August 10, 2021
WHO IS ELIGIBLE: All current Tisch graduate students
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED.
EXTENDED DEADLINE: March 8, 2021 at 11:59pm EST
The Tisch Initiative for Creative Research (TCR) will award competitive funding for graduate student-led, creative research projects involving two or more disciplines and taking place between March 8 - August 10, 2021. Due to COVID-19 restrictions on travel and gatherings, this year's available funding is limited to a total of $5,000. Applicants may request between $500 and $1,000.
Successful proposals will demonstrate the following:
Research interest and questions driving your inquiry
Strong evidence of two or more disciplines contributing to your proposed research
A concise description of your proposed research (goals, plan, anticipated outcomes) and how funding will advance your research goals
Plans for project documentation and dissemination of findings
Project budget using TCR's Budget Template
- The Graduate Research Fund does not offer “completion” grants for projects needing funding in their final stage of editing or production. For support for such projects, check out our social media for more internal and external resources.
- Organizing funded activities will primarily be the responsibility of the applicant. TCR staff will provide administrative support for payment processing.
- Funds will be accessed on a reimbursement basis. Eligible expenditures include: stipends (non-NYU), fees, tickets, and certain kinds of supplies and equipment.
- At this time, we cannot support the purchase of computers, monitors, and professional-grade cameras, video and audio equipment.
- For the 2021 grant cycle, research projects cannot include domestic or international travel, which also includes travel between NYU campuses and sites. For more information on NYU travel guidelines, visit NYU's travel policy here.
To apply for support from the Graduate Research Fund, you must complete this Google Form by 11:59pm EST on Monday, March 8th (NEW DEADLINE). Any questions you have about the application process can be directed to: email@example.com. Use subject line: Grad Fund 2021.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of former Grad Fund recipients. Upon completion of their project, successful applicants will be asked to report on their work and participate in an informal assessment of their experience. They may also be asked to serve as future panelists or roundtable participants in conversations (hosted by TCR) about graduate student research.