Each academic year the students in the Department of Performance Studies invites students across program cohorts to serve as a PS Student Representative. PS Student Representatives serve as liaisons between current students and the department regarding curricular and administrative issues. Current PS students are encouraged to reach out to their representatives listed below for the 2021-2022 academic year.
FOR CURRENT STUDENTS - Interested in being a PS Student Representative? Reach out to Laura Fortes (UG) or Noel Rodriguez, Jr. (Grad) to learn more about the position. Duties may include:
- Serving as a liaison between current students and the department
- Organizing biweekly or monthly cohort meetings
- Attending meetings (e.g. 3 All-Rep meetings, 2 Departmental Meetings, Diversity & Inclusion meetings) with the Chair, DGS, DUGS, Faculty, and Program Directors
- Serving on the Institute of Performing Arts Student Council
- Serving on the David Payne Carter Award Committee
- Representing the department at recruitment events (e.g. Open House, information sessions, prospective student meetings, etc.)
FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS - To learn more about our programs, prospective students are encouraged to meet with current students. Please complete this form to be connected with a current student. Additional opportunities to learn more about the Department of Performance Studies can be found here.
Luisa Alarcon Criales