Tisch School of the Arts is calling on students to produce 30-to-90-second voter engagement-focused public service announcements (PSAs). Your PSA can take the form of a filmed segment, animation, recorded monologue, photo, game, or jingle! The aim of these non-partisan PSAs is to start conversations around the importance of youth voter turnout on a peer-to-peer level.
PSAs will be reviewed by a panel of Tisch students, faculty, and staff.
Winning projects will be awarded $200 and featured on Tisch’s website and social media.
Be sure your PSA is:
- 30-90 seconds
- Compelling, personal, and focused on youth voter engagement
- Created following proper social distancing guidelines
- Highlighting one or more of the following issues:
- Importance of voting in local and federal elections
- Popular vote vs Electoral College
- Registering to Vote
- Requesting a mail-in ballot
- Ways to return a mail-in ballot
- States that allow for early voting
- How to identify voter obstruction and what to do about it.
- Why your vote actually matters
- What happens when you DON’T vote