- Schedule to take GMAT or GRE. Results needed by December 15th.
- Schedule English Language test (for non-native English speakers). Results needed by December 1st.
- Review list of requirements for the Tisch Application and Tisch Creative Portfolio (see below).
- Review Stern Dual Degree Application and requirements.
- Begin work on Tisch Creative Portfolio.
- Contact EQ endorser.
- Start Tisch Application.
- Start Stern Dual Degree Application and essays.
Candidates seeking admission to the Dual Degree program must complete the Tisch Application and Tisch Creative Portfolio by December 1st and must submit the Stern School of Business Dual Degree Application and supporting documents by December 15th. Finalists will be invited to interview for the Dual Degree program with both schools.
- Set up SlideRoom account (for submission of Tisch Creative Portfolio).
- Prepare personal statement and resume for Tisch.
- Prepare resume, essay, and online application for Stern.
- Upload all required undergraduate transcripts.
The Tisch Application & Creative Portfolio Deadline for the Dual Degree Program is December 1st.
The Stern Dual Degree Application, essay, resume, EQ Endorsement, and GMAT or GRE test scores are due December 15th.
There are three required components to be submitted in order to successfully complete the application for admission:
- The Tisch Application should be submitted online on or before December 1st. All required academic documentation, testing, recommendations, and supporting credentials must be included. http://tisch.nyu.edu/admissions/graduate-admissions. Earlier submissions are welcome and encouraged.
- Prepare a five part Tisch Creative Portfolio (detailed below) and submit it via SlideRoom, the online department application system on or before December 1st. Please note Slideroom will charge a $12.00 fee for applicants to use this service. This fee may be paid with a credit or debit card.
- Stern Dual Degree Application should be submitted on or before December 15th. All required documentation including the essay, resume, EQ Endorsement, and GMAT or GRE test scores must be included. http://www.stern.nyu.edu/programs-admissions/dual-degrees/mba-mfa
Once registered to start a Creative Portfolio via SlideRoom, the applicant may step away and come back at any time, until the final deadline. Please make sure to save progress after each visit, and do not click to submit until all required components have been 100% properly uploaded. Once the Creative Portfolio is submitted, it may no longer be edited.
Please note: Upon submitting the Creative Portfolio, SlideRoom will send an email confirmation.
THE CREATIVE PORTFOLIO
Please prepare the following items for your Creative Portfolio. All items must be uploaded to SlideRoom:
1. VISUAL SUBMISSION
A sample or samples of your work presented visually. Material done in collaboration with other artists is acceptable provided you were the major creative force (i.e., director, producer, writer, camera operator or editor) and you explain in detail the exact nature of your contribution.
Choose ONE of the following formats (i.e., do not combine video and photography):
a. Video: The submission can contain one or more selections as long as the total running time does not exceed 15 minutes. Video footage of staged plays or theatre performances is not acceptable. Please be clear about your specific contributions to the sample. You may upload up to ten minutes of video to the media page within Slideroom. If the total running time of your video sample exceeds ten minutes, a link to your work must be provided on the media page. Please test your video prior to submission. If you are submitting a link, please be sure no downloads or passwords are required.
b. Photography (Stills): No more than 10 prints on any subject, black & white or color, with or without commentary may be submitted. The photographs may also be a presentation of work in other media, such as painting, illustration, sculpture, set design, costume design, etc. (Still images and scans should be a minimum of 72 dpi.)
2. WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS
You must submit ALL of the following:
a. You must submit ALL of the following:
Dramatic Story: The Dramatic story is a required short narrative writing exercise.
Write a two page story which builds dramatic tension and ends with one of these lines:
“I was only bluffing.”
“I told you it would rain.”
“This is much heavier than I expected.”
"Just a minute, I forgot to give you back your blanket."
"And then I threw away the keys."
"That night she dreamed the best dream ever."
"And I put it in my little tin box, and slipped it under my bed."
"But that's the beginning of a whole other story."
Format: 2 pages, double-spaced. (Save as a pdf and upload to tischfilmandtv.slideroom.com.)
b. Dialogue Scene: Write an interesting conversation between two people that reveals something about the characters. You can give a one sentence description of each character, but please include only essential details. Do not write back story. Write a maximum of two pages in screenwriting format. (Upload as a pdf.)
c. Concept: Describe one concept for a feature-length script, narrative, or documentary that you would like to develop. Write no more than one page, typed, double-spaced. (Upload as a pdf.)
d. Photograph: Include one passport-sized photograph of yourself. Please upload this item first when you reach the media page in SlideRoom.
e. Resume & Personal Statement: Upload copies of your resume and personal statement.
Please upload the requested items only. Failure to do so will be grounds for automatic disqualiﬁcation. Please do not substitute, vary, or add extraneous or additional pieces. Creative Portfolio materials cannot be edited once uploaded to SlideRoom.
Do NOT wait until the last minute to register on SlideRoom. And do NOT wait until the last minute to submit your Tisch Creative Portfolio as technical issues may arise.
All components of your Tisch Creative Portfolio must be submitted to SlideRoom. This online portal offers instructions for submitting work. For technical assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Recommenders should use the online system as well.
Students will need to be accepted by BOTH schools in order to enroll in the Dual Degree program.