Wafaa Bilal, Associate Arts Professor at NYU Tisch Department of Photography & Imaging, is known internationally for his on-line performative and interactive works provoking dialogue about international politics and internal dynamics.
Professor Bilal has been busy the past few months, with a number of solo shows, group shows, and lectures.
- The Things I Could Tell…, The Anderson Gallery, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA. November 1st, 2017 – January 5th, 2018
- 168:01, Arab American National Museum, Dearborn, MI. Opening mid-November, 2017.
- The New Observatory, FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology) Liverpool, UK. June 22nd – October 1st, 2017. On View: 168:01
- Negotiating the Future: 2017 Asian Art Biennial, National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts, Taichung, Taiwan. September 30th – February 25th, 2018. On View: 168:01
- “Participatory Art, Multiple Platforms”, NCAA Conference 2017, Tuscon, AZ. September 21st, 2017.
- “Performing Change: Diaspora and Belonging”, Syracuse Symposium 2017-2018: Belonging, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY. October 12th, 2017.
- “Performing Change”, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA. October 19th, 2017.
- “Participatory Art, Multiple Platforms”, MOVE 2017, Dearborn, MI. November 16th – November 18th, 2017