Our digital imaging and post-production labs are populated with Apple Intel Mac professional workstations that feature Eizo 24" color calibrated monitors. Additionally, the following peripherals are available at select stations.
- Epson SureColor P5000 Inkjet printers (for glossy, luster, matte, and fiber digital papers; roll or sheet)
- Epson 4900 Inkjet printers (for glossy, luster, matte, and fiber digital papers; roll or sheet)
- Epson 4880 Inkjet printers (for glossy, luster, matte, and fiber digital papers; roll or sheet)
- Epson 3880 inkjet printers (for glossy, luster, matte, and fiber digital papers; sheet-only)
- Epson SureColor P800 Inkjet printer (for glossy, luster, matte, and fiber digital papers; sheet-only)
- Imacon Flextight virtual drum scanners
- Hasselblad X5 virtual drum scanner
- Hasselblad X1 virtual drum scanner
- Nikon CoolScanners (8000 and 9000 ED Series)
- Epson Perfection 4870 flatbed scanners with transparency units
- Epson Perfection V750 flatbed scanner with transparency unit
- Epson Perfection V850 flatbed scanners with transparency unit
- Epson 10,000XL flatbed scanners
- Wacom tablets for precision editing (Intuos Pro and Intuos4)
- Laser printers (black+white and color, networked, duplex) for drafting
Wide-Format Archival Print Stations
The Wide-Format Archival Print Stations offer digital fine art archival printmaking through our Epson Stylus Pro 9890s and Surecolor P10000 printer suite. Photography & Imaging students can choose from an extensive selection of premium 44-inch archival photo grade, fine art, and canvas stocks. Our technical staff are happy to consult with you on paper selection and project scope.
Focuses on image-based editing, including motion-graphics, video capture and post-production, and presentation methods.
The following is a sampling of the high-end applications our students have at their disposal:
- Adobe Creative Suite CC - Shared Device License provided by NYU IT *
- Autodesk 3D Maya 2018
- Autodesk 3D Maya 2019
- Poser 11 Pro (Mac)
- Capture One Pro (studio tether system)
- Wacom Pro tablet software
Additional applications and utilities are available to facilitate workflows and processes, including, but not limited to: Amadeus Pro, Audacity, Audio Hijack Pro, Fetch (FTP,) FileZilla, GoPro suite, MPEG StreamClip, QuickTime Player X, VLC Media Player, and Windows Media Player.
* Students and faculty home/personal computers home licensing for Adobe Cloud subscription have been granted by NYU IT. For Fall 2021 and academic year 2021-22, students must visit the NYU IT online knowledgebase for instructions on how to obtain and install Adobe Cloud licensing for home computers.