Our digital imaging and post-production labs are populated with Apple Intel Mac professional workstations that feature Eizo 24" color calibrated monitors. Additionally, the following peripherals are available at select stations.
- Epson SureColor P5000 Inkjet printers (for glossy, luster, matte, and fiber digital papers; roll or sheet)
- Epson 4900 Inkjet printers (for glossy, luster, matte, and fiber digital papers; roll or sheet)
- Epson 3880 inkjet printers (for glossy, luster, matte, and fiber digital papers; sheet-only)
- Epson SureColor P800 Inkjet printer (for glossy, luster, matte, and fiber digital papers; sheet-only)
- Imacon Flextight virtual drum scanners
- Hasselblad X5 virtual drum scanner
- Hasselblad X1 virtual drum scanner
- Nikon CoolScanners (8000 and 9000 ED Series)
- Epson Perfection 4870 flatbed scanners with transparency units
- Epson Perfection V750 flatbed scanner with transparency unit
- Epson Perfection V850 flatbed scanners with transparency unit
- Epson 10,000XL flatbed scanners
- Wacom tablets for precision editing (Intuos Pro and Intuos4)
Wide-Format Archival Print Stations
The Wide-Format Archival Print Stations offer digital fine art archival printmaking through our Epson Stylus Pro 9890 and Surecolor P10000 printer suite.
Our technical staff are happy to consult with you on paper selection and project scope.
Focuses on image-based editing, including motion-graphics, video capture and post-production, and presentation methods.
The following is a sampling of the high-end applications our students have at their disposal:
- Adobe Creative Cloud CC - Shared Device License provided by NYU IT *
- Autodesk 3D Maya 2022
- Autodesk 3D Maya 2019
- Poser 11 Pro (Mac)
- ZBrush 2021 (Mac)
- Capture One Pro
- Wacom Pro tablet software
Additional applications and utilities are available to facilitate workflows and processes, including, but not limited to: Amadeus Pro, Audacity, Audio Hijack Pro, Fetch (FTP,) FileZilla, GoPro suite, MPEG StreamClip, QuickTime Player, and VLC Media Player.
Faculty needing home-personal use licenses for Adobe Creative Cloud must follow instructions provided by NYU IT found here.
Students who need home-personal use licenses for Adobe Creative Cloud can request a license from NYU IT / Tisch IT by emailing Photo's Digital Media Specialist, Edgar Castillo, or by email at AskTischIT@nyu.edu.