Final Transcripts Guidelines

Once you have officially accepted your admission, you must request that all final, official transcripts from schools where you received a degree be sent directly from your post-secondary institutions to Office of Graduate Admissions, NYU Tisch School of the Arts. Please verify that the transcript shows all work completed, degree conferred and the date that the degree was conferred or awarded. Candidates accepted to a Ph.D. program will also need to provide a final, official master’s degree transcript in addition to the undergraduate degree transcript.

Note to NYU graduates: If you have graduated from any school at New York University, you do not need to send us transcripts. Our office will retrieve the final transcripts internally through the Registrar’s Office.

Electronic transcripts:

Can be sent directly from the school to us at or through a secure third-party provider such as Parchment Send or the National Student Clearinghouse. We cannot accept transcripts from students; they must come directly from the schools.

Hardcopy transcripts:

Can be dropped off in person or mailed to:

Office of Graduate Admissions
NYU Tisch School of the Arts
726 Broadway, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10003

If dropping off transcripts in person, please make sure they are in a sealed envelope. Transcripts can be dropped off any time Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. Please specify with the front desk staff that the documents are for graduate admissions. Our office will send you a confirmation once we have processed the documents. 

Documents in a language other than English

We need both the transcript in its original language and an English translation of the transcript. If your institution does not issue documents in English, you must have the transcripts translated by a professional translation service. Self-translations and notarized translations will not be accepted.

If the date of degree conferral is not included in the final transcript, a certified, true copy of your diploma or certificate of degree completion showing the date the degree was conferred will also be required with your official transcript.

Note - Some international schools issue only one official transcript. If this is the case for the school(s) you attended, DO NOT send this document to us because no materials submitted in support of an application will be returned to you. Instead, send an exact copy that has been stamped as a “Certified True Copy” by the appropriate institutional official of each institution that you attended. Uncertified copies are not acceptable.

If your transcripts cannot be sent due to valid extenuating circumstances, please contact the graduate admissions office at

*If we do not receive a final and official transcript showing conferral of your bachelor’s degree, a hold will be placed on your account during the fall semester and you will not be able to register for courses in the spring.