What is the Future Theatre Artists Workshop?
About the Program
The Future Theatre Artists Workshop is a free program dedicated to developing the mind, body, voice and spirit of the artist in order to experience the potential influence of the live performer.
We provide our emerging theatre artists with a variety of skills drawn from the cannon of the world masters to realize the dynamics of live theatre. The skills acquired during the exploration and developing of each artist’s unique voice will be applied to many forms of creative theatrical expression.
In the Future Theatre Artists Program, the emerging artist will:
- cultivate skills that will celebrate the individual while working within a collaborative ensemble
- develop their unique and expressive artistic voice, body, spirit and mind to make connections between their lives and artistic expression
- explore the relationship between research and critical thought as a source for inspiration, imagination and creativite
- investigate their connection to space, performance and the spectator
- receive a basic foundation for further study in the expressive art of live theatre
Photo by Dylan Kenseth
The spring 2018 application is now open!
Application Deadline: Monday, November 27, 2017 at 5:00pm ET.
The program meets on Saturdays in the spring. Exact dates are to be announced.
Join us on Saturday, September 23, 2017 for the Future Artists Open House. More details will be announced soon!
More dates and deadlines are available on the Tisch Special Programs Admissions Calendar.
How to Apply
Please read through the Spring Future Artists Program Requirements Page to learn how to apply.
If you have questions about the program or the application, please contact the Department of Drama at 212.998.9327 or firstname.lastname@example.org.