Get revved up for college.
Spring Future Artists Application Deadline: November 14, 2016
Please read the following admissions information before starting your online application. You can find important dates 2016-2017 Tisch Special Programs Admissions Calendar.
How do I apply?
- Step 1 - Requirements and Eligibility
- Step 2 - Online Application
- Step 3 - Verification
- Step 4 - Notification
- Step 5 - Confirmation
STEP 1: REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
- You must be a current freshman, sophomore, or junior high school student living in the New York metropolitan area. Students must be able to commute to NYU each weekend to attend the sessions. Housing is not available for this program. There are no exceptions.
- There is no GPA requirement for this program. SAT and ACT testing grades are NOT reviewed.
Tisch is a collaborative and rigorous program so your presence is keenly felt. The program is competitive; we receive over 700 applications for the high school programs in NYC. You should arrive ready to absorb, challenge and internalize what is being offered. Your prior accomplishments are not as important as being open to the ideas and training that will be presented.
Your admission decision is based on a faculty review of your entire application, including your personal statement, letter of recommendation, résumé and transcripts. Those that are selected will be brought in for an in person interview.
All communications regarding your application, including your admissions decision, will be communicated to you via the email address that you designate as your primary email address on the application. Please check this email account regularly, as you will be receiving communications that are often time-sensitive and require a response.
STEP 2: ONLINE APPLICATION
You must submit the following items:
- Online Application
- Personal statement
- Creative résumé
- One recommendation letter
- Official high school transcripts issued directly from school.
Homeschooled Candidates: Please review the policy for documentation in the Transcripts section below.
STEP 3: VERIFICATION
Email is our primary method of communication; therefore, please make sure to allow emails from firstname.lastname@example.org to be viewed.
You will receive two verification emails after submitting your application.
"Application Received" - Within 24 hours of submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email verifying that it was successfully received. However, this does not mean your application is complete.
- "Application Complete" - After receipt of your "Application Received" email, please allow 3-5 business days for your application to be assessed for completeness. Our office will send an email verifying that your application is either complete or missing materials. Any part of your submitted application that is missing/incomplete, must be completed and/or received by the application deadline.
Only once your application is complete will you be evaluated by our faculty for admission and receive final status notification.
STEP 4: NOTIFICATION
- Final status notifications will be sent on the dates listed in the 2016-2017 Tisch Special Programs Admissions Calendar.
- Early final status notification is not available.
- Notifications are communicated only by email, and only to the primary email address given in the application.
STEP 5: CONFIRMATION
If accepted, you will be required to confirm your participation. You should confirm as soon as possible, as space is limited. If the program reaches capacity before we receive your confirmation, you will be placed on a waitlist. Please confirm your spot by the confirmation deadline found on the 2016-2017 Tisch Special Programs Admissions Calendar.
If you are having difficulty with the online application, please contact us at (212) 998-1512.