The Future Dancers and Dancemakers Workshop is a free intensive program for freshman, sophomores and juniors in high school. The program focuses on technical training, choreography, and performance.
Students take two technique classes on Saturdays from February to May: one each of ballet and modern. All students will also study dance composition, improvisation, and repertory that culminates in a final concert of student work.
The workshop is two-fold; providing exposure to the Tisch Dance Program while simultaneously reflecting an intensive environment mirroring that of the professional field through:
- Concentration on technical training
- Creative discussions to support the choreographic work and creative process
- Discussions with professional choreographers and Tisch faculty
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Strong technical foundation in dance and choreography
- Academic achievement
- Ability to work in collaboration with other young artists
- A firm commitment to completing the entire workshop, which will be held on fourteen Saturdays from February through May
Director Pamela Pietro, Tisch Dance Associate Arts Professor
Assistant Director, Indah Walsh
Coordinator, Jessica Mantell
If you have questions about the program or the application you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-998-1980.