Bending The Frame Panel Discussion
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Thursday, October 5, 2017
721 Broadway, 6th Floor
Performance Studies Studio
NYU Tisch School of the Arts
This event is free and open to the public. Seating is limited so please RSVP.
Photo ID is required for entrance to all NYU buildings.
What do we want from the media revolution? Not just where is it bringing us--where do we want to go? How can we revitalize older forms of media to be helpful to society and to us personally?
- Debi Cornwall, on torture at Guantánamo (Welcome to Camp America);
- Jennifer Karady, Soldiers' Stories from Iraq and Afghanistan;
- Benjamin Petit from the French-based collective #Dysturb;
- Bayeté Ross Smith on building a dialogue among African-American men with Question Bridge
- Celia Shapiro, Last Supper
Moderated by Fred Ritchin
This panel is presented in conjunction with the exhibition Bending the Frame. The exhibition runs through October 22, 2017 at the Gulf + Western Gallery at NYU Tisch School of the Arts, 721 Broadway. Curated by Fred Ritchin with Assistant Curator Perri Hofmann.
Monday thru Friday: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday: 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM