Tisch Industry Network Database
Looking for firsthand insight or advice from a working professional? Our Industry Network Database is designed to promote students' and recent graduates' personal and professional development. Each industry connection has volunteered to share information about their experiences and help you explore the ins and outs of a career in the arts.
ARE YOU READY TO CONNECT WITH THE INDUSTRY?
- This resource is open to full-time Tisch sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students, as well as alumni who have graduated within the last five years. (The Tisch Industry Network Database is not available for freshmen.)
- The database is for career guidance and insight, not job matching/placement or agent/industry referrals.
- The volunteers in the network are Tisch alumni and current industry professionals who want to help students and professionals just starting out.
- Connections can happen through email, in-person meetings, and over the phone – specific to each participant’s preference.
- The Industry Network is designed for one-time informational meetings, but more formal mentoring and long-term working relationships have come from these meetings - the possibilities are endless!
Access to the database is by invitation only. To begin the process, schedule a 30-minute counseling appointment (via www.tinyurl.com/tischappt) or attend a drop-in with a Tisch career counselor (Tuesdays 11:30am-1pm, Wednesdays 2:30-4pm, during the spring/fall semesters only). Once invited, you will be required to complete an online Industry Network orientation and meet all other requirements.
Please note that the Tisch Industry Network is not the same program as the NYU in L.A. Mentorship Program. For more info on the NYU in L.A. Mentorship Program, please read below.
NYU in L.A. Mentorship Program
The Tisch Offices of Career Development and Alumni Relations have collaborated to create this mentorship program to facilitate your transition to the West Coast. This mentorship program is designed for recent graduates and newly-arriving alumni (within three years of graduation) pursuing a career in the arts in Los Angeles. Participants (mentees) will be paired with an L.A.-based mentor, in a small group environment to begin their personal and professional transition to the West Coast.
This is not an internship or job placement program. Mentees will be expected to work actively toward their specific and personal pursuits. Mentees will meet with their mentors and fellow mentees on a regular basis during the duration of the program. With the guidance of their mentors, mentees will have the opportunity to map out their goals regarding their transition to the West Coast. Please also note that this program is separate from regular access to the Industry Network Database (which is described above).
The NYU in L.A. Mentorship Program is best suited to alumni pursuing careers in Drama, Film & TV, and Dramatic Writing. Participation in this program is limited to one time per person.
The next session of the NYU in L.A. Mentor Program will begin in Fall 2017 for participants who have arrived in L.A. by September of that year. Applications for the 2017-2018 session will be accepted in the summer of 2017.