I do not seek. I find. - Pablo Picasso
This grant, distributed in both the Fall and Spring semesters, is available to all full-time faculty. Amounts ranging from $500 to $6,000 will be awarded for accepted proposals. No more than one request will be approved per academic year. Priority will be given to projects that advance faculty research (particularly for faculty headed into review cycles), creative professional work, connections to curriculum, technology proposals and interdisciplinary and collaborative research projects.
At the conclusion of your project, a short summary report is due to the Office of Faculty. This will be used by the Tisch Initiative for Creative Research to highlight faculty research. Failure to submit this report will result in disqualification from future grants.
The Office of Faculty will offer a Grant Workshop once a year featuring a panel discussion on strategic grant writing.
CLICK HERE to view the 2017 Grant Workshop for full-time faculty at Tisch.
Information on next year's Dean's Faculty Grants will be available later in the year.
Adjunct Faculty Development Grant
Each school has a budget available to support the professional development of part-time faculty. The Office of Faculty reviews and approves applications for the Professional Development Fund available to eligible adjunct faculty. Adjunct faculty may request up to $1,000. No more than one request will be approved in an academic year. Per the Adjunct contract, grants are awarded on a first come-first serve basis.
- Computer software and hardware. All capital acquisitions remain the property of NYU even if the item is cost-shared with the faculty members’ personal funds. All computer orders must be ordered through university systems such as Purchasing/iBuy or the NYU Computer store.
- Public lectures and conferences, including travel and registration.
- Enhancements of courses.
- Costs of materials, resources, rental for specific creative projects.
- Travel to archives, collections, institutions, sites in support of research.
- Production support (though the School will not take on the role and responsibility of producer of any projects).
- Any payments to NYU faculty members must be processed through NYU Payroll. A fringe cost may be incurred, lowering the amount available.
Please refer to this handy guide if you have any questions regarding the proposal for your project.
Grant Proposal and Budget Guide
Faculty and Administrators should refer to these guidelines when submitting invoices and receipts for grant reimbursement.
Grant Reimbursement Guide
Funds will not be advanced ahead of activities, are subject to all NYU business expense guidelines, and are available only as reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses. Funds will be reimbursed based on actual expenses which may be less than that approved and may not exceed the amount approved.