REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
NYU TISCH SCHOOL OF THE ARTS
Application due Friday, March 1, 2019 at 11:59PM
All current Tisch students are encouraged to submit a song that celebrates our Tisch community. The winner of the contest will have a chance to perform it/have it performed live at the 2019 Tisch Gala (Monday, April 8). The winner will also receive one $400 prize.
- Must be a current, full-time undergraduate or graduate Tisch student.
- Song can be any style or genre and should reflect on your community here at Tisch.
- Submit one complete application online with two attachments: one demo file (preferably .wav or .mp3) and complete lyric sheet (.pdf or .doc).
- Submissions must include one complete song. Support for creative process and rehearsal(s) are not provided by our contest staff. Winners will be provided with specific tech/rehearsal time required for the Gala performance.
- Complete song should not exceed 5 minutes.
- Solos and groups will be accepted.
- For group submissions, please have 1 point person complete the survey.
- All members of the group must be current Tisch students.
- The one $400 prize will be split among the group members at the group’s discretion. You must explain in your submission how you plan to share the prize.
- Submissions must indicate all involved parties: songwriter(s), performer(s), live musician(s), etc. The song may be performed with backing track or live musicians. Please indicate all possible instrumentation for live music, if applicable.
- Submit all materials by Friday, March 1, 2019 at 11:59PM.
All inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winner will be selected by Friday, March 8, 2019.