Request for Proposals
Student Research Fund 2022
WHAT: Support for student research activity
WHEN: May 15 - August 15, 2022
WHO IS ELIGIBLE: All current Tisch students
DEADLINE: Monday, April 4, 2022 at 11:59pm (anywhere in the world)
The Tisch Initiative for Creative Research (TCR) will award competitive funding for student-led, creative research projects taking place between May 15 - August 15, 2022. A total of $13,000 will be available to fund undergraduate and graduate student projects. Applicants are invited to request between $250 and $1,500.
Successful proposals will demonstrate the following:
- Research interest and specific questions driving your inquiry
- A strong interest in multi/interdisciplinary collaboration (graduate students must show evidence of two or more disciplines contributing to their proposed research)
- A concise description of your proposed research (goals, plan, anticipated outcomes) and how funding will advance your research goals
- Plans for documentation and dissemination of findings
- Project budget using TCR's Budget Template
- Successful applicants will be required to participate in cohort activities designed to facilitate collaboration throughout the grant cycle.
- The Student Research Fund does not offer “completion” grants for projects needing funding in their final stage of editing or production. For support for such projects, check out our social media for more internal and external resources.
- Organizing funded activities will primarily be the responsibility of the applicant. TCR staff will provide administrative support for payment processing.
- Funds will be accessed on a reimbursement basis. Eligible expenditures include: stipends (non-NYU), fees, tickets, and certain kinds of supplies and equipment.
- At this time, we cannot support the purchase of computers, monitors, and professional-grade cameras, video and audio equipment.
- For the 2022 grant cycle, research projects may still be subject to NYU travel restrictions on domestic or international travel, which also includes travel between NYU campuses and sites. For more information on NYU travel guidelines, visit NYU's travel policy here.
Applications must be submitted using this Google Form. Completed forms are due by 11:59pm on April 4th. Any questions you have about the application process can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject line: Student Research Fund 2022.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of former Student Research Fund recipients. Graduate student and undergraduate student applications will be evaluated separately. Upon completion of their project, successful applicants will be asked to report on their work and participate in an informal assessment of their experience. They may also be asked to serve as future panelists or roundtable participants in conversations (hosted by TCR) about student research.