Open-Shop Time Rules & Policies
NYU has moved to remote instruction for the spring and summer semesters. Production loans and shops are not accepting appointments during this time.
POLICIES & EXPECATIONS:
1. Open Shop Time is available to those working on NYU Tisch Undergraduate Drama productions and projects only.
2. Costume Loan appointments are separate. If you need to borrow from Loan please fill out the request form here.
3. We have most of the standard costume shop equipment available for use but you must plan to bring your own consumable supplies (e.g. thread, pins, pencils, paper, fabric, scissors, notions, etc.).
4. The costume shop has limited space. Up to 3 people may request Open Shop Time appointments per day. You may be able to bring up to 2 additional people with you to your appointment, but you must specify guests in the space provided below; otherwise they may be turned away.
5. There will be a costume staff member present during your appointment. They are there to answer basic questions and oversee the room. They are not there to help you work.
6. You are not allowed to store projects, supplies, or personal items in the costume shop. Space is limited and any items left behind may be disposed of.
7. You must allow 15-20 minutes at the end of your appointment to clean up after yourself.
8. Treat the space and staff with the same respect you would any other rehearsal room, space, office, or personnel.
9. Failure to comply with rules and regulations will result in the loss of Open Shop Time privileges.
SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT:
1. NYU Tisch Undergraduate Open Shop Time is available Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 6pm-10pm and Saturdays 12pm-6pm. The dates available may vary due to tech week or class needs. We are closed on University Holidays.
2. Fill out this form to request an appointment slot. If approved, you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
3. The person who submits this appointment request form must be present at ALL appointments associated with this request. No exceptions will be made.
4. All appointments, changes and/or cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance.
5. If you miss a confirmed appointment without notifying the costume shop staff, you may lose Open Shop Time privileges for the academic year.
6. If you arrive without a confirmed appointment, you will be turned away.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE POLICIES AND EXPECTATIONS MAY RESULT IN LOSING OPEN SHOP TIME PRIVILEGES FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR.