How to Schedule an Audition
- Undergraduates must apply via Common Application. You will receive an email from Undergraduate Admissions with a link to schedule your audition.
- Graduates should apply via Tisch Application. Please email email@example.com to sign up for an audition. Audition dates are listed below.
If you have any questions, please call us at 212-998-1984
Preparing for Your Audition
For NYC Auditions, please arrive 1 hour before the audition to complete paperwork, change, and warm up. Regional auditions should arrive promptly at the time indicated. Kindly bring the following materials to the audition:
- Download an Audition Form, print it double-sided and fill out.
- 8” x 10” color dance photo in any position with your name on the back.
- A dance résumé.
- Prepare a brief solo (2-3 minutes) in the dance form of your preference. Please bring music for your solo (ie: iPod, iPhone, MP3 player with CD as a backup). Please remove your passcode from your phone before the audition.
Please dress in dance attire; i.e. leotards and tights of any color, leggings, or form fitting clothing. The audition is two steps. First, students audition within the context of a technique class at Tisch, and if the applicant is selected, they will then proceed to the solo audition. This will be followed by a personal interview.
NYC Auditions take place at the following location:
111 2nd Avenue (between East 6th and 7th Street)
New York, NY 10003
The 2018-2019 Audition Schedule:
Dates are subject to change.
Early Decision 1: November 17
Early Decision 2: December 15
Regular Decision: Audition by February 15
UNDERGRADUATE EARLY DECISION CANDIDATES must audition in person. No digital audition files will be accepted. International students wanting to audition digitally must apply under regular decision.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL TRANSFERS: While your application deadline is later than other applicants, please choose an audition date with the Regular Decision candidates.
New York City
Early Decision 1, Early Decision 2 and Regular Decision:
November 17 at 1PM
Early Decision 2 and Regular Decision:
December 15 at 1PM
January 25 at 1PM
January 26 at 1PM
February 1 at 3:30PM
February 2 at 1PM
February 8 at 3:30PM
February 9 at 1PM
February 15 at 3:30PM
Chicago, IL: January 5th, 2019
Miami, FL: January 19th, 2019
San Francisco, CA: January 20th, 2019
Los Angeles, CA: Feburary 16th, 2019
Unless otherwise stated, please arrive 1 hour before the audition to complete audition paperwork, change, and warm up. Audition dates and times are subject to change.
- Undergraduate Program Early Decision I: November 1
- Undergraduate Program Early Decision II: January 1
- Undergraduate Program Regular Decision: January 1
- Graduate Program: February 1
Transfer applicants are strongly encouraged to audition on one of our scheduled audition dates. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition.
- Spring Transfer: November 1
- Summer/Fall Internal Transfer: March 1
- Summer/Fall External Transfer: April 1
New York University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution.
Tisch School of the Arts Department of Dance
111 2nd Avenue, 2nd Floor
(212) 998-1980 (General Number)
(212) 998-1984 (Audition Line)