The 2019-2020 Dance Audition Schedule:
Early Decision 1:
(Early Decision 2 and Regular Decision students may attend this audition)
|Audition City||Audition Date|
|New York City||Saturday, November 16, 2019|
Early Decision 2:
(Regular Decision students may attend this audition)
|Audition City||Audition Date|
|New York City||Saturday, December 14, 2019|
|Audition City||Audition Dates|
|Bari, Italy||Tuesday, December 17th, 2019|
|Chicago, IL||Sunday, January 5th, 2020|
|Miami, FL||Saturday, January 18th, 2020|
|San Francisco, CA||Sunday, January 19th, 2020|
|Los Angeles, CA||Saturday, January 25th, 2020|
|New York City||Friday, January 24, 2020|
|Saturday, January 25, 2020|
|Friday, January 31, 2020|
|Saturday, February 1, 2020|
|Friday, February 7, 2020|
|Saturday, February 8, 2020|
|Friday, February 14, 2020|
(Dates are subject to change.)
How to Schedule an Audition at Tisch Dance:
- UNDERGRADUATES must apply via Common Application. Within the week after submission, you will receive an email from Undergraduate Admissions with a link to schedule your audition.
- GRADUATES should apply via Tisch Application. Within the week after submission, you will receive an email from Admissions with a link to schedule your audition.
If you have any questions, please call us at 212-998-1984
UNDERGRADUATE EARLY DECISION CANDIDATES must audition in person. No digital audition files will be accepted. International students wanting to audition digitally must apply under regular decision.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL TRANSFERS: While your application deadline is later than other applicants, please choose an audition date with the Regular Decision candidates.
Transfer applicants are strongly encouraged to audition on one of our scheduled audition dates. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition.
- Summer/Fall Internal Transfer: March 1
- Summer/Fall External Transfer: April 1
Preparing for Your Audition
For NYC Auditions, please arrive 1 hour before the audition to complete paperwork, change, and warm up. Regional auditions should arrive promptly at the time indicated. Kindly bring the following materials to the audition:
- Admissions will email an Audition Form, kindy print it
double-sided and fill out.
- 8” x 10” color dance photo in any position with your name
on the back.
- A dance résumé.
- Prepare a brief solo (2-3 minutes) in the dance form of your preference. Please bring music for your solo (ie: iPod, iPhone, MP3 player with CD as a backup). Please remove your passcode from your phone before the audition.
Please dress in dance attire; i.e. leotards and tights of any color, leggings, or form fitting clothing. The audition is four steps: first, students will be given a ballet technique class, then a modern/contemporary round and if the applicant is selected, they will then proceed to the solo audition which is then followed by a personal interview.
New York University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution.
Tisch School of the Arts Department of Dance
111 2nd Avenue, 2nd Floor
(212) 998-1980 (General Number)
(212) 998-1984 (Audition Line)