HOW TO SCHEDULE AN AUDITION
- Undergraduates must apply via Common Application. Graduates should apply via Tisch Application.
- The NYU Admissions office will email an initial acknowledgement letter. In the second email, you will receive instructions to activate your NYU Net ID.
- You must schedule your audition by logging into the NYU ALBERT system.
- In NYU ALBERT, click on the APPLICANTS tab, then click on the APPLICATION STATUS link.
- Under APPLICATION STATUS, click on SHOW OUTSTANDING ITEMS FOR THIS APPLICATION.
- Click on the link to the Audition Scheduler. Register using your NYU Net ID.
If you have any questions, please call us at 212-998-1984
PREPARING FOR YOUR AUDITION
For NYC Auditions, please arrive 1 hour before the audition to complete paperwork, change, and warm up. Regional auditions should arrive promptly at the time indicated. Kindly bring the following materials to the audition:
- Download an Audition Form, print it double-sided and fill out.
- 8” x 10” full-body photograph with your name on the back.
- A dance résumé.
- Prepare a brief solo (2-3 minutes) in the dance form of your preference. Please bring music for your solo (ie: iPod, iPhone, MP3 player with CD as a backup). Please remove your passcode from your phone before the audition.
The audition is two steps. First, students audition within the context of a technique class at Tisch, and if the applicant is selected, they will then proceed to the solo audition. This will be followed by a personal interview.
NYC Auditions take place at the following location:
111 2nd Avenue (between 67th and 7th Street)
New York, NY 10003