HOW TO SCHEDULE AN AUDITION
2. The NYU Admissions office will email an initial acknowledgement letter. In the second email, you will receive instructions to activate your NYU Net ID.
3. You must schedule your audition by logging into the NYU ALBERT system.
4. In NYU ALBERT, click on the APPLICANTS tab, then click on the APPLICATION STATUS link.
5. Under APPLICATION STATUS, click on SHOW OUTSTANDING ITEMS FOR THIS APPLICATION.
6. Click on the link to the Audition Scheduler. Register using your NYU Net ID.
If you have any questions, please call the Dance Office at 212-998-1984.
PREPARING FOR YOUR AUDITION
For NYC Auditions, please arrive 1 hour before the audition to complete paperwork, change, and warm up. Regional auditions should arrive promptly at the time indicated. Kindly bring the following materials to the audition:
1. Download an Audition Form , print it double sided and fill out.
2. 8” x 10” full-body photograph with your name on the back.
3. A dance résumé.
4. Prepare a brief solo (2-3 minutes) in the dance form of your preference. Please bring music for your solo (ie: iPod, iPhone, MP3 player with a CD as a backup). Please remove your passcode from your phone before the audition.
The audition process involves two steps. First, students audition within the context of a technique class at Tisch, and if the applicant is selected, they will then proceed to the solo audition. This will be followed by a personal interview.
NYC Auditions take place at the following location:
111 2nd Avenue, 2nd Floor
Between 6th and 7th Street
NY, NY 10003